Here we go.

07 March 2008

My Un-Birthday!

I'm exhausted.

First & most important order of business: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ATM!Pancake House, 7 March 08

So, the Trial Court Assistant's conference was not bad!  I actually learned something.

Obligatory hotel room shots:
Photobucket

Lake Hamilton Resort, 6 March 08

It started sleeting a bit when ATM arrived. We hurried to McClard's BBQ to get take-out before the roads became unnavigable. By the way, McClard's is shit! Their BBQ (and beans and slaw) were so bad, it was offensive! I'm still offended.

One spliff later, sleet turned into a beautiful snow and we watched LOST, which was just o.k. After that, I was prime for bed. I joked with ATM that I am the morning person (much to his dismay) and he is the night owl (much to my zzzzzzz). So, naturally, I woke up earlyish. I assembled our belongings until ATM got up, with a bit of prodding. He did not once complain!

We went to some second-hand shop that was across the street from McClard's. I got a cuet kitchen step-stool. Note to self: vintage bed linens and bath towel sets in top condition are available.

From there, we went to the Pancake Shop, a Hot Springs institution that is a personal favorite. I can't not visit!Photobucket


Pancake House, 7 March 08 

I ran next door to the Savory Shop (owned by Pancake Shop people) which is a high-end gourmet foods shoppe -- picked up a lb. of Pancake Shop coffee & some Jamaican jerk rub. Things to look forward to!

From there we went to the flea market. We were both a little shocked and hurt to see that this painting Photobucket 

was not hanging up. Did some other weirdo buy it? Where is it?!! ATM purchased a 1" stack of (interesting) vinyl & I got replacement vintage measuring spoons & a shiny breadbox, lovely additions to the kitchen.

It was a short while before we decided to go home to avoid weather-related troubles, so we stopped by Durango Mexican Resturant & Bakery to cancel the birthday dinner reservation and to pick up the (muy delicious) tres leches cake. A quick stop by Kroger to pick up ingredients for chicken tortilla soup and we were en route to NLR.

Going Home, 7 March 08

No comments:

Blog Archive